Comedian-turned-hero Sunil has broken the jinx that six packs abs can be obtained only by the action heroes in the Industry. He joined the Six-Pack Club recently with his upcoming film Poolarangadu.
“I’m living my dream now. The way I look now is the result of my dedicated work for the past three years.  3 years back, I weighed 108 kilos. I ran in KBR Park for eight months to cut down the flab and after that I had hit the gym. I have shed 30 kilos. My friend Khaleel was instrumental in me getting the six pack abs. Mahesh Babu, Ram Charan, NTR, Allu Arjun and Raviteja has always encouraged me and gave some valuable tips,” said Sunil.
However, Sunil denied the reports that Poolarangadu is an action entertainer. “The pictures might give an impression that Poolarangadu is an action film. But, it is just like any other comedy entertainer. Actually, I have toned down the body for another film. Unfortunately, that film got shelved. So, I’m now using it for the climax action sequence in Poolarangadu,” said the actor.
Although the makers have planned to keep the six-pack of the actor as a surprise element, somehow the pictures got leaked. Usually, the unit members get upset when their product gets leaked, but Sunil is more than happy right now.
“If the pictures were not leaked, only the people who would watch the film might have come to known about it. But now, everyone has seen them and appreciations has been pouring. Thanks to the people who leaked them” he smiles.
Esha Chawla is playing the female lead opposite Sunil in Poolarangadu, which is set to release on January 14th as a Sankranthi treat. Notably, the makers are planning to release this film on a massive scale with record number of prints (Highest for any comedian-turned-hero).